The fact of life.
I was walking home from interchange after rehearsal today.
I saw
The vast sky
It holds freedom
The birds in the sky.
Carefree
Free.
I felt
Bounded.
To the ground
Restrained.
Limited.
I long.
to soar.
Release myself
in the unlimited sky beyond.
I continued to walk. I saw a parent with the child. It was the child that caught my attention. He was smiling; and innocent smile. In it radiated joy and laughter. I then checked my reflection. I saw a grim, stoic face. Conditioned by society. Molded by harsh reality. People dont smile anymore. At least not when they are alone. On an Mrt, you see people everywhere. They all share similar facial expressions. Emotionless. Cold. Unfeeling. Is this culture at work? Or is this society's ultimate goal? Automatons devoid of emotions, trained only to reveal their feeling when needed and on other occasions, reveal nothing but void blank faces? I wonder, how long would that smile on the child's face last?
Nothing gold can stay indeed.
I was walking home from interchange after rehearsal today.
I saw
The vast sky
It holds freedom
The birds in the sky.
Carefree
Free.
I felt
Bounded.
To the ground
Restrained.
Limited.
I long.
to soar.
Release myself
in the unlimited sky beyond.
I continued to walk. I saw a parent with the child. It was the child that caught my attention. He was smiling; and innocent smile. In it radiated joy and laughter. I then checked my reflection. I saw a grim, stoic face. Conditioned by society. Molded by harsh reality. People dont smile anymore. At least not when they are alone. On an Mrt, you see people everywhere. They all share similar facial expressions. Emotionless. Cold. Unfeeling. Is this culture at work? Or is this society's ultimate goal? Automatons devoid of emotions, trained only to reveal their feeling when needed and on other occasions, reveal nothing but void blank faces? I wonder, how long would that smile on the child's face last?
Nothing gold can stay indeed.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home