I stared into the mirror. I tried to smile. It was the saddest smile I had every seen.
"- - - " Her words rang through my head. It shook me. Too much. Why is it people just judge others simply by the way they talk, or in this case, how MUCH they talk? A guy who talks a lot, who is outspoken; - - - ? How bout a girl who talks a lot? Just being her?
Do you have a gf? Don't say yes just to deny the fact you are - - -. Those words really did stung me. I knew they were meant as jokes, but nevertheless... I was hurt.
Is this what society made guys to be like? Quiet, reserved as a sign of maturity? Strong silence as manhood? Is that what society is like? Biased?
I stared into the mirror. I saw a person, just another person, coming to terms with the harsh conformity of society.
I wept.
"- - - " Her words rang through my head. It shook me. Too much. Why is it people just judge others simply by the way they talk, or in this case, how MUCH they talk? A guy who talks a lot, who is outspoken; - - - ? How bout a girl who talks a lot? Just being her?
Do you have a gf? Don't say yes just to deny the fact you are - - -. Those words really did stung me. I knew they were meant as jokes, but nevertheless... I was hurt.
Is this what society made guys to be like? Quiet, reserved as a sign of maturity? Strong silence as manhood? Is that what society is like? Biased?
I stared into the mirror. I saw a person, just another person, coming to terms with the harsh conformity of society.
I wept.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home