<body>
Dis-Soul-ution

Daniel loves his friends, his family, his life regardless of the shit he says sometimes. Oh and he loves his music. Like alot. seriously.

About Me
Daniel
In the Army right now, after 12 years of the oh so fabulous education system. Loving it or not? Well there are times..

He appreciates people who have some extent of wit and conversational ability cause he'll die without it. He can get down at times too, when not being a (almost)full-time energy bunny.

Yep thats Daniel for you.

View My Complete profile

Tag

Links

Previous Posts

Thursday, April 17, 2008

I could see her coming down the stairs. Her skirt swished from side to side, like falling petals swaying to the autumn breeze. It was as if an angel had descended from the stairs of heaven and petals heralded her arrival.

I felt my knees go weak as I stood spellbound, a mere mortal rendered hapless by the magic she weaved on those around her.

Oh, did I ever think I could stand a chance?

I quickly closed that gaping mouth of mine.

Behind my back, my fingers started to twirl nervously.

"Here she comes," I thought as I felt my body tense and my limbs go numb.

How should I approach her?

Was that deep, throaty voice that I had long practised in front of the mirror going to work?

"Just relax, you can do it" I reassured myself even as my legs started shaking. I took in a deep breath to calm my nerves, but it only got worse. I could even hear my heart punding furiously against my chest.

Calm down, calm down.

I gazed at her again.

Again I melted before haloed winged innoncence

Oh, such sparkling bright eyes. Was she looking at me? She was moving closer and closer, probably taking leisure in every step. Would throwing myself prostrate in front of her work?

" This is it," I thought, willing myself to stand up. A puddle of sweat was gathering at my feet. I could feel parts of my body being weighed down all of a sudden with lethargy, as if i was turning into a block of wood.

I was unworthy. i had no right to approach her.

Even if everything proceeded smoothly.

Would we find eternal happiness?

What off our offspring?

Half a halo, perhaps?

What if she turned me down?

I would be the laughing stock of the whole school. I could imgine, Mr Chin, in English class, breaking down in bouts of laughter. "Him? So stupid, so dumb, so... HAHAHAHA!"

My resolve weakened considerably at the thought.

I turned to the bottom of the stairs, expecting to find her there.

"Where is she?" "Where is my angel?!"

I have been so preoccupied with my thoughts that I had let her slip by me.

I cursed myself.

Quickly, I rilled myself to go after her.



"Hey! Could I... er... speak to you for a second?" I stammered.



Was my voice too soft?
Was i too far away?
Even if she heard me, why would she, an angel, even bother to turn around to grace a mere mortal like me?



She turned around. ( Oh thank God!)


"Sure." She smiled.

______


The joys of creative writing.. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home