<body>
Dis-Soul-ution

Daniel loves his friends, his family, his life regardless of the shit he says sometimes. Oh and he loves his music. Like alot. seriously.

About Me
Daniel
In the Army right now, after 12 years of the oh so fabulous education system. Loving it or not? Well there are times..

He appreciates people who have some extent of wit and conversational ability cause he'll die without it. He can get down at times too, when not being a (almost)full-time energy bunny.

Yep thats Daniel for you.

View My Complete profile

Tag

Links

Previous Posts

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Watched Day of the Kamikaze just now. One part really touched me. Brought me to tears, and saying that, im not the teary type... It was about a typica scene during the WWII, a kamikaze pilot calling come the day before his death. The conflict he and his family faces, between honour and life. Almost painful to watch.

---

" Sister, after the long wait, the day has come. "

My brother sounded so calm. The lighthearted chuckle, didn't he know that he was going to die the next day?

"Masai Oksa, we will always be with you." My lips trembled as I forced this words out of my mouth. He had to do it. It was for the country, for the family's honour and pride. But...

I passed the phone to my father.

" Son, go and serve your duty well and uphold the honour of our country.." his voice faltered.

" We.. will always be with you." I could see the grief in my father's eyes, the pain of losing etched deep on his face.

My mother was trembling in grief as my father passed the phone to her.

" Masai.. go.. don't worry about us..we will.. " she broke off midsentence as tears streamed down her cheek; the greatest grief in the world is of a mother weeping for a soon to be dead son. It was unbearable to watch.

I choked back my tears.

Shaking her head, Mother buried her head in Father's shoulder, shaking uncontrollably.

Stifled sobs puntuacted the over-bearing silence.

I took the phone from Mother. As i heard the dial-tone, I whispered,

" Goodbye Masai, go in peace. "

---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home